Optimate 3 Battery Charger-Maintainer
Optimate 3 Battery Charger-Maintainer
The most TRUSTED battery charger in power sports!
OptiMate 3, the all-in-one tool for 12V battery care at home. Diagnoses, recovers, charges, tests and optimally maintains, automatically. The latest version of OptiMate 3 retains all easy-to-use characteristics of the over 2 million OptiMates produced since 1995, but is now lighter and more efficient than ever. The OptiMate 3 recovers sulphated batteries and then tests after charging. The maintenance program delivers only what the battery needs, never overcharges, never undercharges.
- CHARGING AMPS : 0.8A (constant current)
- USE : Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -4°F / -20°C).
- SAVE : Low Volt Start of 2V + 2 step desulphation recovery.
- IDEAL FOR : STD, AGM & GEL 12V batteries from 3 – 50Ah.
- INPUT : Global (100-240V 50-60Hz), high efficiency (CEC listed), fully sealed.
- STYLE : Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector. Weatherproof battery lead & standard battery clip set included.
SAFE: No risk of overcharging. Totally safe for vehicle electronics. Sparks suppressed. Safe for long-term battery maintenance. Automatic shut-down if short-circuited or battery disconnected. 3-year limited replacement warranty.
How it works
1. Safety check: OptiMate 3 must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output.
2. Desulfation and recovery: if due to sulphation the battery’s resistance is abnormally high, a voltage of up to 20V is
automatically applied to overcome this so as to recover very flat or neglected batteries until they are able to accept
the normal charge program.
3. Bulk charge: a constant current of 0.8A efficiently brings the battery close to full charge.
4. Charge verification: Charge verification: as soon as the rising resistance causes the charge voltage to reach 14.3V,
the voltage is limited at 13.6V for 30 minutes while the circuit monitors the actual voltage and the current absorbed
by the battery. If within 30 minutes the automatic circuit judges that the achieved charge is less than optimal, the
program reverts to bulk charge and the process repeats.
5. Charge retention test: when the monitored parameters confirm that an optimal charge has been achieved, the first
check for battery (and connected system) power leakage commences. Depending on the voltage retained during
30 minutes, an “OK” (green LED) or “not OK” (red LED test result is displayed. These 30 minute test periods repeat
hourly until the OptiMate 3 is disconnected, so that the battery status indication is continually updated.
6. Charge maintenance: during alternate 30 minute periods, at a float limit of 13.6V the battery is offered charge
current (up to the maximum) it needs to sustain it against any small connected loads or power leakage and against
natural self-discharge. OptiMate 3 can stay connected to the battery indefinitely, the battery will stay cool and safe.
And optimally charged. Of course.
Ideal for 12V lead-acid batteries 2.5 to 50Ah, AGM (MF), Standard, GEL and AGM spiral
Program control Microprocessor (5 stages)
Output current (bulk charge) 0.8A
Automatic desulphation yes
Charge time limit maintenance time: unlimited
Maintain / test cycles 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
Charge retention test monitors during 30min., no charge intervals
Size 167 x 65 x 46 mm / 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 3/4 inches
Weight (packaging) 0.6 kg / 1 1/3 lb
Enclosure classification fully sealed (IP54), 4 x wall mount tabs
Input cable length 2m / 6ft
Output cable length 2m / 6ft
Included Accessories O-01: weatherproof permanent lead
O-04: alligator/battery clips
Operation temperature range From –20ºC <-> 40°C / –4°F <-> 104°F
Warranty 3 years
AC supply 100-240V~50-60Hz
0.23A @ 100V – 0.15A @ 240V
Reverse drain current less than 1mA
Power usage (no battery connected) 0.0089kWh / day
Ratings / approvals : Safety, EMC, Energy
efficiency, enclosure seal rating
IP54, CE, NRTL (UL & CSA), SAA (AU & NZ), PSE (Japan)
Item: P3807-0261 OptiMate/TecMate (in stock)
approved by TUV Sud. BC (California Energy Compliant).